Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wow! Week 6 is here! Total weight loss in 35 days- 23.4 lbs

Day 36: Weight 193.6. That means I only lost 3 pounds in week 5, but I cheated. If I hadn't cheated I know I would be closer to 30 pounds lost. My cheats have been really significant. But in all reality, on other diets I was unable to lose 3 pounds a week so I am still very happy!! My focus right now is to NOT CHEAT at all until Valentine's Day! My goal weight for Valentines Day is 180. That's a little less than a pound a day...and if I would quit cheating I might be able to pull it off. And then I plan to cheat for dinner that night, lol!

Speaking of cheating, I did again last night. After the Steak and Shake incident, and then last night I hope I've gotten it out of my system. Last night I had some of those frozen taquitos, dipped in cheese sauce and refried beans. I did the beans myself with no fat- so that is a plus. I also ate a few home-baked chocolate chip cookies, and a PEANUT BUTTER EGG!!! And you know what's weird, it wasn't as good as I was expecting. I didn't even eat the whole thing (?!) This of course is good news, maybe now I will quit fantasizing about them. But even better news- I was not up even an ounce this morning. I don't understand it, but I will take it!

Day 37: Weight 193.6. Ugh!! The same as 5 days ago. I sure hope I learned my lesson with cheating! Yesterday I made the BBQ sauce from the "Gourmet" cookbook and it was so good! I ate a grilled chicken breast on half a thin bun smothered in the BBQ. Mmmmm! I also ate a salad- yuck! I have got to find a way to enjoy salads again. For dinner my dh was dying to cook out- yes, in the SNOW :) So we had steak and zuchinni, cooked on the grill. It was so good! I baked an apple for dessert. I am really starting to get sick of this diet- I need some inspiration!

Day 38: Weight 193.2. Well, at least it is a smidgen down today. Yesterday for lunch I had another grilled chicken breast smothered in BBQ sauce, but wrapped it in one of my tortillas. I also ate half a grapefruit and a salad. I put some apple cider vinegar and lemon juice on it, it was edible. Need more ideas on that... For dinner I scrambled eggs and planned to smother them in salsa. When I got the salsa out of the fridge, the bottle was EMPTY! *&%@* teenagers!! I was so dissapointed. I put a little hot-wing sauce on them, but it just wasn't the same. Also, I was counting the tomatoes to be my veggie. That put me in a BAD mood for the rest of the evening!! Well, I got through it with no bodies to hide. For now...

Day 39: Weight 193.2. The same...again. Well, considering I ate a peanut butter & Jelly sandwich for dinner I got off lucky. Oh yeah, I forgot I ate some pringles too. So much for my goal of not cheating. I am definately a stress eater, and I let yesterday get to me. I am in control now, let's hope I stay there. For lunch yesterday I ate some soup I made with chicken, celery and miracle noodles in it. It was actually really yummy. And besides the PB&J accident, I ate a grapefruit. I hope this slip-up doesn't cost me 5 days of progress like the last one did.

Day 40: Weight 192.8. Yeah!! The scale is moving again!! Yesterday for lunch I ate a huge salad, an apple and a Jay Robb shake. For dinner I got some cucumbers and chicken breast off the salad bar at Dillons. I ate it during my very long, very boring class last night. I was so exhausted I went straight to bed when I got home.

Day 41: Weight 191.4. Wow! 1.4 pounds! I'm stoked!! Yesterday for lunch I ate some really delicious strawberries, Mmmmm! I also ate one of those special tortillas, with lettuce and some lean taco meat. Of course tons of salsa as well! It was very filling and satisfying. For dinner I wasn't hungry, so I ended up just eating a chicken breast with the BBQ sauce that I made. I smothered it, so am counting the tomato for my veggie. I also ate a taquito dipped in cheese sauce ;) Thank goodness that didn't come back to haunt me!!Today I am going to eat the same thing for lunch and see if tomorrow is another big loss.

DAy 42: Weight 191.0. Whoo-hoo! Another .4 pounds...I'm glad it's continuing to go down. I need to make it 9 more days (and hopefully 10 more pounds :)) without a single cheat! Yesterday I ate the lean ground beef "taco" salad again, but put the tortilla in the toaster oven to make it nice and crispy. Mmmmm...tostada! I ate strawberries for dessert, yummers! For dinner I ate some chicken "miracle" noodle soup and it was really good! Of course I put extra spicy in it. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies, homemade ones fesh out of the oven. I can't wait till phase 4...

1 comment:

  1. That tostada looked delicious. I am going to buy some of those Santa Fe wheat tortills this weekend. They have such great numbers!! You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete