Friday, January 8, 2010

AMAZING story!! A side effect I didn't expect!

About 5 years ago I began having horrible foot pain. It was every day, and worsened with any physical activity. I have tried so many different inserts, orthotics, special shoes, foot slings, etc. I had to beg one of my children to rub my heel for me several nights a week or I could not even walk. And first thing in the morning, when I got out of bed I could not walk without excruciating pain.

Well, about 4 days ago I got out of bed and noticed my foot didn't hurt at all. I thought that it was weird, but was okay with it. The next day, same thing. I squeezed around on my foot and there was absolutley NO PAIN!! I wasn't sure why, but thought I would enjoy it until it comes back.

Yesterday I was reading the original hCG Diet protocol by Dr. Simeons written in the 50's. I found this little "chapter" and found it most interesting.

"The Painful Heel
In obese patients who have been trying desperately to keep their weight down by severe dieting, a curious symptom sometimes occurs. They complain of an unbearable pain in their heels which they feel only while standing or walking. As soon as they take the weight off their heels the pain ceases. These cases are the bane of the rheumatologists and orthopedic surgeons who have treated them before they come to us. All the usual investigations are entirely negative, and there is not the slightest response to anti- rheumatic medication or physiotherapy. The pain may be so severe that the patients are obliged to give up their occupation, and they are not infrequently labeled as a case of hysteria. When their heels are carefully examined one finds that the sole is softer than normal and that the heel bone - the calcaneus - can be distinctly felt, which is not the case in a normal foot.

We interpret the condition as a lack of the hard fatty pad on which the calcaneus rests and which protects both the bone and the skin of the sole from pressure. This fat is like a springy cushion which carries the weight of the body. Standing on a heel in which this fat is missing or reduced must obviously be very painful. In their efforts to keep their weight down these patients have consumed this normal structural fat.

Those patients who have a normal or subnormal weight while showing the typically obese fat deposits are made to eat to capacity, often much against their will, for one week. They gain weight rapidly but there is no improvement in the painful heels. They are then started on the routine HCG treatment. Overweight patients are treated immediately. In both cases the pain completely disappears in 10-20 days of dieting, usually around the 15th day of treatment, and so far no case has had a relapse though we have been able to follow up such patients for years.

We are particularly interested in these cases, as they furnish further proof of the contention that HCG + 500 Calories not only removes abnormal fat but actually permits normal fat to be replaced, in spite of the deficient food intake. It is certainly not so that the mere loss of weight reduces the pain, because it frequently disappears before the weight the patient had prior to the period of forced feeding is reached".


Had I read this before or even knew about it, I would feel my lack of pain was purely psychological. But I DIDN'T!!! And it was exactly on Day 10 that my pain dissipated. I am a believer!

You can read his entire original manuscript for FREE by cutting and pasting this link into your browser: http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/HCG_Diet_Dr_Simeons_Manuscript.htm

This site also has a really great forum filled with tons of information and friendly, helpful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment