Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 5....lost over 20 pounds in 4 weeks!!! Whoo-hoo!!

Day 29: Weight 196.6. That puts my total weight lost in the first 28 days at 20.4 pounds! I am soooo excited. I have managed to stay in one-derland all week, even with a cheat. If I don't cheat all all, I am hoping to be at 160 pounds by the middle of March. That is how much I weighed when I met the love of my life, so that is my goal. I might go a little lower eventually, but that's where I'm aiming. I figure that is 36 pounds away, and 50 days, so I should be able to do it. Then I will go to phase 3 for 3 weeks, and by my birthday I will be able to eat whatever I want!! I need to stay focused...

Today I am going to have a Jay Robb shake again for lunch, it is so much easier to not have to plan my meal. I am going to blend it up with my strawberries. Mmmm. Not sure about a veggie yet. I might make a soup. Depends on how I feel. TOM is wrapping up, and it was not a great week, so I may just veg out all day :)

Day 30: Weight 196.2. Well, .4 more gone. I was looking at a height/weight chart, and I need to get to 169 to be considered just "overweight" instead of obese. That will be a GREAT feeling!! I went to the mall today with my dh- NO KIDS!!! I was trying on pants and the 16's zipped up without a problem! I didn't even have to lay on the ground or ask hubby to help, lol!! I even found a pair of 14's I was planning to get anyway, and just wanted to see how close I was, and they FIT!!! I know they're all made differently, but I was on cloud 9! I have been "high on life" ever since. And any thought of cheating was completely out of my head. It made up for the kind of crappy week at work, although I have to walk back into the fire tomorrow I guess.

For lunch today I made the "miracle omelet", or so it's called. After I realized it helps me lose if I do it a couple times a week, I posted it on the forum. Now that's what everybody is calling it. I made it different today. I basically just scrambled my eggs and then put tons of salsa on it, so the tomatoes would be my veggie. I ate an apple for a snack, and then for dinner panfried tilapia and made some cabbage. I am really hoping for a big loss tomorrow. It will match my big head from fitting into those 14's, hahahaha!!

Day 31: Weight 195.4. Almost another pound! It's nice to see that number on the scale. I have been switching over from the injections to the HhCG drops, and haven't felt as hungry. Today feels pretty good, and I did not do an injection today. I don't think it matters, as I think the injections have lost their potency. I am going to stop at the store after work and get me a filet mignon. That sounds really good for dinner!

Day 32: Weight 194.8. That's another half pound! It is so exciting to see the number go down every day. I am planning to keep going until I get to my original goal of 160, and then switch to phase 3, if I can make it that long. I figure that will be about mid-March. Then I could go back to phase 2 if I wanted to lose a little more. Yesterday was tough. I wasn't hungry, but I wanted everything! Especially Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. They are my all-time favorite candy! I am actually fantasizing about them. But I keep telling myself I am stronger than a little chocolate egg- It won't defeat me!! I was hoping to be down a little more, as I read about a "mini" steak day for phase 2. I didn't eat anything all day long and then for dinner I ate a filet and tomato. I guess it didn't work super great, but I am down!! I think if I'd eaten an apple for lunch it would have helped. I also need to start making sure I get all my water in! Also, I have tried to stop obsessing about the scale. It is driving me nuts!!! I've started just recording the weight it says the first time I get on it, and I don't get on it any other time like I used to. I hate it that every time I get on it, there is a different number!

Day 33: Weight 193.6! WOW! Over a pound! The # is getting smaller and smaller. I am going to start posting about what I ate the next day, so it corresponds with the amount lost a little better. I hope this doesn't confuse my loyal followers! Yesterday I ate some buffalo chicken breast and strawberries for lunch. I did not have time to eat my salad. Then for dinner I did something "off-protocol". I sliced my tilapia filet into 4 strips, got it a little wet and rolled it in crumbs. The crumbs were 1 melba toast and Mrs. Dash seasoning. Then I placed on foil and baked in the oven. They were crispy little fish sticks!! Would have been great to dip in something like horseradish or anything legal. But I put them on one of my special tortillas with some shredded cabbage and salsa to make a fish taco. It was really good! I will probably do this again! I haven't eaten my second fruit in such a long time. I am afraid if I add it back now I might not lose as well?

Day 34: Weight 194.0. I am up .4 pounds, but I am happy about that! ;) The reason I am happy is that I cheated last night. Yes, AGAIN!!! I don't know what's wrong with me.... We went down to Branson to get the refill on our injections, and then went shopping and stopped at Steak and Shake for dinner. My cousin- who is also doing this protocol- ordered a grilled chicken salad, with no cheese, bacon or croutons. And no dressing. I was thinking to order the same, but I need dressing!! So the more I thought about cheating with ranch dressing, the more I figured I may as well really cheat and enjoy it. So I ate a double steakburger with cheese fries, and a sugar cookie. There, I admitted it. The whole way home I felt indegestion and bloat. My cousin was very satisfied and felt great. Why did I do it??????? I didn't even eat a peanut butter egg, dammit!!! Back on track for me, I have got to have more self-restraint than this. It was not worth it, that's for sure.

Day 35: Weight 193.6. I'm back to my pre-cheat weight! It didn't set me back as far as I thought it would. Yesterday for lunch I ate some of my buffalo chili and an apple. I had to go to class, and didn't have time to eat dinner until really late. I wasn't hungry at all, so I considered just skipping dinner altogether. I felt like I should at least get some protein in before I went to bed, so I scrambled 3 eggs (only 1 yolk) and put a little salsa on top. I guess it worked!! I can't believe this finishes up my 5th week. Time flies when you're having fun!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Thanks for the recipe for the miracle omelet. We made that today for lunch, hopefully it helps the three day stall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! How's Eric doing for a total now? Did you get the recipe off the forum?? It has always worked good for me, hopefully it helps you guys too! It sure is yummy and a change of pace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked! He was down 1 pound today!! We went to Houlihan's today and he had the steak and salad and only ate his fruit for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of him!! That would take too much restraint for me. I wouldv'e stolen some of your mushrooms for sure:)

    ReplyDelete