Saturday, January 9, 2010

Beginning Week 3.....down 12.2 pounds in two weeks!!

Day 15: Weight 204.8. That means I have gained 1/2 pound since yesterday. I am a little bummed. But that brings my total weight loss to 12.2 pounds in 14 days. That is still amazing! I was really hoping to be below the 200 pound mark this weekend, but now my goal is extended. I feel like I am so close, but so far away from it. Since I lost over 8 pounds the first week, that means I only lost like 4 the second week, so I may not be in ONE-derland until next weekend :( I was really hoping the coconut bark would be my saviour, but I guess not. I do plan on trying it again, just in case it was a fluke.

Today I am going to keep my menu clean. No Walden Farms, no chili (tomatoes make some people stall), and nothing creative. I already have a batch of cucumbers sitting in vinegar so they'll be ready for lunch, and then I will eat some shrimp. I am going to bake my apple, however :) And then for dinner I will have fajita style chicken on mixed greens. I also don't think I've been doing a great job getting all my water in, so I will focus on that today, too. Here's hoping week 3's loss is better than week 2 was!

Day 16: Weight 203.2. Whoo-hoo!! I am down 1.6 pounds from yesterday. I didn't eat dinner last night, but it wasn't intentional and I wasn't hungry at all. My daughter and I went to the mall, and I didn't even think about eating before I left. Everything at the mall is pure EVIL, so I didn't eat there. Since I wasn't hungry I figured I would just eat when I got home. I must admit, the food at the italian place looked good, but I definately didn't want to cheat on fast food. Olive Garden or Chili's, maybe :) By the time I got home I had forgotten I didn't eat dinner, lol, and went to bed.

Today my plan is to have my 4 eggs (but only 1 yolk) scrambled with some spinach. It would be much better with cheese, but I will be okay. Besides, another month or so and I can have cheese, sour cream, and the like!! I am going to have half a grapefruit at noon- I didn't used to like them, but now I LOVE them!! Probably all the sugar. I am going to have the fajita style chicken tonight, over some lettuce with salsa. Hopefully the scale will be my friend tomorrow as well!!

Day 17: Weight 201.6. OMG!! Another 1.6 pounds! I had to check three times to be certain. I really thought maybe I was dreaming! I am going to hit my goal of 199 this week!! This diet is actually the hardest thing I have ever done, but at the same time it is kind of easy. It is hard with 6 kids, not to lick the spoon when I cook for them. Mac N Cheese, peanut butter, etc. But I Haven't!!! The emotional hunger is the hard part. I find myself cleaning and reading ALOT lately. Never knew just how much time I spent in the kitchen, haha! Today I ate chili for lunch and a half a grapefruit. For dinner I ate tilapia and pickled cucumbers.

Day 18: Weight 201.0. Another half pound, yay!!! Also, my total weight lost is an even 16 pounds. I can hardly believe it. For lunch I tried a new recipe for chicken fried "rice". The rice is actually cabbage, cut up in rice size pieces. Then it is all stir-fried together with Bragg's amino acids (kinda like soy sauce, only healthy). It was pretty good. Definately NOT rice, but still a good dish. Next time I will probably leave the cabbage bigger like a traditional chinese dish. I ate an apple in between. For dinner I ate fajita style chicken with lots of salsa. It would be really good over a bed of lettuce, but I was out. It was super filling.

Day 19: Weight 200.8. Only .2 pounds, but I'll take it! I may see my goal of 199 sooner than I hoped! For lunch today I ate chili and half a grapefruit. The grapefruit is soooo good right now, very sweet. For dinner I am going to have the spinach scramble again. Maybe it will give me a big loss tomorrow!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! Today is the first day I have felt a little hunger. Not bad, but definately different than all the previous days. And at work they had a red-velvet cake from my favorite bakery for our meeting. It was driving me CRAZY! I had decided I would likely eat one bite. I left the conference room quickly. Still driving me crazy, a co-worker mentioned that it wasn't the most flavorful she had eaten, and suddenly I did not even want to try it! It is a miracle, but then I wasn't even the slightest bit tempted. Yay me!!

Day 20: Weight 199.4!!! For the first time in many, many years I am BELOW 200 pounds!! Whoo-hoo!! I have ben on cloud 9 all day long. For lunch I brought some ground lean meat, salsa and huge lettuce leaves to make some "Tacos". My colleague told me her husband has been eating low-carb tortillas and still losing. So I decided to try one for lunch. I put my lettuce, beef and salsa in it. Mmmmm...it was so satisfying and tasty. Now we will see what the scale says tomorrow. It will really suck if I am back in the 200's tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me! For dinner I have fajita chicken with lettuce, and more salsa. I am going to eat an apple somewhere in there, just not sure when.

Day 21: Weight 199.0. Yay! I'm down another .4. As long as it doesn't go up, I will be a happy camper :) And more importantly, I am past the halfway mark. I can't believe how long it's been. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do another round immediately or go ahead and take a three week break. I'm leaning towards just getting it done!!

Today for lunch I brought fajita chicken, lettuce and pickled cucumbers. I dropped my jar of salsa last night and it shattered all over my driveway. I was so mad! So no flavor for me today, lol!! I did bring some of the ranch dressing spritzer- another tip from a colleague- so will be trying that out today as well. I have no idea what to do for dinner, I think I am out of my pre-cooked meals. TGIF!!

11 comments:

  1. Don't despair, it will probably be a big loss tomorrow! Eric shot up a half pound and then lost 1.2 pounds this morning. Then he got on the Wii board and it was 3 pounds less this afternoon from our scale this morning. So who knows which one is right! But anyways, he didn't mind gaining the half pound because he lost so much today!! You are doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also if you didn't drink enough water and/or too much salt it could just be water weight. Watch those labels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have to drink the eight glasses of water on this diet. It is one of the most important things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right EW, it was worth it!

    I agree about the water, on any diet. I am doing better. I just realized my beloved garlic salt has oil in it!! Who knew. Maybe a reason I'm scared of my chili now. I am going to make another batch today for work this week, but with garlic powder instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric was down 1.6 pounds today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great information. I used to think people were crazy to do this diet, but now I think I'm crazy to have not tried it. Its way more expensive where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah...not after today, lol! I think I am not going to get on the scale this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing great :) Eric hit the 20 pound weight loss marker today so we went out for breakfast!! He is skipping his shot tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skipping the shot turned out okay, wasn't hungry. But I sure learned my lesson and won't cheat again!! Can't wait until I hit the 20 pound mark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you find the recipies for salsa, and the "chicken fried rice" ?

    ReplyDelete