Saturday, January 16, 2010

Already to Week 4- Down a total of 17.6 pounds in 21 days!

Day 22: Weight 199.4. I am up .4 today. Okay, confession time. I cannot believe I am still in ONE-derland. I truly don't deserve to be. I cheated yesterday BIG TIME!! For lunch yesterday, the gang from work went to a Mexican restaurant. I should have just stayed at my desk, eating my 250 calories, but how depressing would that be?! So I went with them. I LOVE Mexican food, but resolved to be as good as possible. Since I wasn't really hungry, it helped, but man did that stuff smell good. So I ordered a chicken fajita taco salad, with no cheese or sour cream. I only ate about 3-4 chips TOTAL (a big accomplishment for me, who used to down 2 baskets by myself) and ate the chicken with the lettuce, the guacamole, a little of the beans (yes, with lard I'm sure) and about 1/4 of the yummy, crunchy shell. Not too horribly bad considering the deep-fried chimichangas a few of the girls had, Mmmm. I felt okay with my decision, but was certain I'd pay for it today. Okay, not a huge cheat, but IT GETS WORSE. I actually thought about NOT posting this, but decided hiding in a closet won't help matters. At Wal-Mart, in the long checkout line I decided I could eat one, only one, Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. So I bought one. And I ate it soooo slowly, and savored every tiny bite. I was so happy!! Then later, at home I'm not sure what happened. I think I blacked out, lol, as someone else took over my body and ate some of the boneless General chicken chunks from the deli, a good-sized piece of cake with buttercream icing and a cherry pop-tart. This was all over the course of a few hours, but WTF?!?! I drank 2 cups of hot tea and hoped I wouldn't be back over 200 pounds, but felt it was worth it if I was. And here's the amazing part- besides NOT being over 200, I don't feel the massive sense of defeat that I have when I cheated on any other diet. I am not tempted to just throw in the towel and quit. I am also not going to make that mistake again- I really want to maximize my losses while on this phase of the diet. For lunch I had my spinach scramble- hoping for a miracle!! I am skipping both fruits and only eating the protein for dinner. This is all advice I pieced together from the forum I visit. Oh, I also skipped my injection today, as some of the members of the forum say it helps against immunity and stretches your money a wee bit further. The hCG stays in your system for 3 days, so I should be okay. For dinner I ended up eating chicken and cabbage. I made a teriyaki sauce from a P2 cookbook and it was really good. I only had a tiny bit of cabbage, and no fruit today.

Day 23: Weight 199.8. I am up ANOTHER .4 today. I should have expected it...they say a cheat costs 3 or 4 days of progress. Hopefully the scale will start moving down again tomorrow. I am going to eat an apple today for sure, I think it probably helps more than it hurts. My mother is spending the weekend with us, so my dh is taking me out while we have a sitter. I want to go to IHOP and order the tilapia with broccoli. Sounds nice to just get out together.

We ended up going to a movie, and didn't have enough time for IHOP, so we went to McDonald's right before the movie. I ordered a grilled chicken patty and 2 side salads. They only charge $1 for the patty, which usually I get the sandwich for $4 and throw away everything else, so good to know. We saw "It's Complicated" and it was sooooo funny. Probably the funniest I've seen in a while :) I ate an apple for a snack, and for dinner I ate tilapia and cucumbers.

Day 24: Weight 198.2. WOW!! I dropped a pound and a half!! Yeah! That day of cheating cost me a couple days progress, but I'm making headway again. Even after eating a McD's...I thought for sure they put something in their chicken that would make me gain- like corn syrup or something. It seems to be hiding in EVERYTHING!! For lunch today I had fajita chicken on lettuce with lots of salsa. I ate an apple in between, and for dinner ate a ground beef patty and cucumbers.

Day 25: Weight 198.6. Up .4?!?! I'm not sure why, I pretty much stuck to protocol yesterday. I did drink the Yerba Mate tea, and the one I bought has vanilla oil in it. The kind folks on the forum said it probably isn't enough to matter, but I was up a little last time I used it to. Also, I did a lot of walking yesterday- out selling Girl Scout Cookies with my girls. Maybe I over did it? The cookies come in on February 13, so I am going to have a really hard time when they arrive. I LOVE the peanut butter patties, and can eat them by the box full. Lord, please have mercy...

Even though I am up a little today, I am going to go a little off-protocol. For lunch I brought some tuna mixed with WF mayo, and a "thin bun". My colleague told me about them, and I figure they are not much worse than the melba toast. We'll see how they taste, as well as my weight tomorrow. The thin bun was okay, would definately work if I were craving bread. Dinner was chicken and a little butterfinger bar. Darnit!! Why does chocolate call my name so loudly? Damn TOM!!

Day 26: Weight 198.6. The same. Well, I will take a stall over a gain anyday!! I am just glad I am still in one-derland. I hope the butterfinger doesn't cause my weight to go up tomorrow. Today for lunch I tried a Jay Robb egg white skake. It was surprisingly good. I added a few drops of vanilla creme stevia and it was even better. I think if I were to put it in the blender with ice it would be super yummy!! I ate an apple, but didn't have time to eat my cucumber. I started an internship and lets just say this is going to be a long 16 weeks! For dinner I am going to have filet mignon, not sure what veggie yet.

Day 27: Weight 198.4. Well, I'm just going to "ounce" my way down I guess. It is TOM, so I'm not too worried. I think I'll have a really big loss after the weekend to make up for this. I made a new pot of chili last night. I found some buffalo meat at the store and it was on sale, so I made my chili with that. We'll see how it tastes. It is super fine in texture, instead of the bigger chunks like the ground beef. I also have a half grapefruit to eat with it. Too bad I can't have my saltine crackers with it. I used to eat an entire sleeve with soups and chilis, so I guess it's a good thing!! I have absolutley no idea what I am going to have for dinner. I need to plan ahead so I don't get myself into a bad situation!!

Day 28: Weight 197.2. Down 1.2!! I stopped at McDonald's for dinner last night after class. I got the side salad, grilled chicken patty and apple dippers. Today I brought a Jay Robb shake for lunch again. I am having a grapefruit and cucumbers as well. I can't believe this is wrapping up 4 whole weeks on the program. I had hoped to be down a little more, but that's what I get for cheating...

3 comments:

  1. Same in our house.........up .1 ounces from eating the chick-n-minis at Chick-fil-a.

    I had them too but I am down another pound today so dh is not happy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, down to 197 great job! TOM makes a big difference, It's that time for me too. I stayed the same today, but I also cheated. I had cashew chicken last night, and I will probably be up in the morn. Amber "my sister" lost .2 and has not cheated at all. She's not happy with me right now. Just now had some time and started reading your blog, I should have one to keep me honest. PS how would I make or get one of those Jay Rob shakes. Keep us the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that you Tiff?? I got the Jay Robb shakes at Dillons. They are on sale right now. The egg white ones seem better for the diet, but I've heard the whey ones taste better. The egg white ones are really good, no "vitaminy" taste at all. You're doing great too - no more cheating!!

    ReplyDelete