Monday, February 22, 2010

Round 2 begins!! Ding-ding-ding-ding ding!!!

R2P2D1 (round2, phase2, day1): Weight 195.6. Today is my first VLCD (very low calorie day)of the second round. I am up 5.6 pounds since the end of round 1, but I did cheat pretty badly (damn Girl Scout cookies) and I loaded yesterday. Oh, what fun it was :) I gave myself an injection today, and am so glad I only have 1 more for tomorrow. My hCG left a town called Hazelwood, Missouri this morning at like 5:30 am. I had to google it, and found out it is near St. Louis. So I'm not sure if it will arrive today or tomorrow, I guess it depends on when my mail carrier picks up his "load" for the day. Either way, I am going to do the injection tomorrow and start the sublingual on Wednesday. I am so excited to know the scale is going to go down very soon! At the staff meeting on Friday, people I haven't seen in months were complimenting me. I guess it's really noticable!! Of course, that didn't stop me from eating M&M's and cookies... I have to get back in the swing of things to plan out my 500 calorie days.

R2P2D2: Weight 192.8. Wow! Down almost 3 pounds! Hopefully I will be at LIW of 190 tommorrow. That would be super. Yesterday was actually really easy. Today I feel hungry, but I just now took my injection so need to give it time to get through my body. For lunch yesterday I ate a chicken breast patty, salad with Walden Farms dressing and strawberries. For dinner I had a lean hamburger patty and cucumbers with lime & Salt. I was strangely satisfied...but that's the beauty of the hCG!

R2P2D3: Weight 191.2. Well, there's another pound and a half...I was really expecting a bigger loss this early in the game, but maybe tomorrow. It just sucks that I was so far over my last weight from R1, and now it feels like I'm treading water just to get back there again so real progress can begin. Yesterday for lunch I had a chicken breast and cucumbers, along with an apple. Then for dinner I had a lean beef hamburger patty with my bbq sauce and a big salad. I have already started skipping my second fruit again. My colleague takes a protein shake for breakfast and it really accelerated her losses, I may try that starting tomorrow.

R2P2D4: Weight 190.0. I'm back to my LIW!!! Finally!! It sucks that it took 4 days of VLCD just to get to where I was 18 days ago! Oh well, keep pressing on. Yesterday for lunch my friend (who also on P2) decided to experiment with a Hardee's low-carb chicken sandwich. OMG!! It was so great! It had two chicken breasts, a slice of swiss cheese, a little bacon and a tiny bit of BBQ sauce. It was wrapped in lettuce. I ate the whole thing!! She was better disciplined than I, and only ate 1 breast. Next time I will ask for no BBQ sauce and extra lettuce. Also only 1 breast. For dinner I made some Italian sauce with big chunks of tomatoes and lean ground beef. It was really good! Tonight I'm going to eat it again with some low-carb noodles I found. They aren't low calorie, but have tons of protein (26 grams).

R2P2D5: Weight 189.0. Another pound! Yay!! And I'm back in the 180's! I dipped here briefly around valentine's day, but well, screwed that up! I am sooo stoked! I'm really worried about some upcoming events that will make it hard to stay on protocol, but I want that # to go down so I am going to give it my best effort. I am not going to give myself permission to cheat...not saying it won't happen, I'm just not giving myself permission. I am going to Branson for the weekend, then Monday morning we're having a brunch meeting at work, and then next weekend I am going to a conference. Ugh! Yesterday for breakfast I ate a Fiber1 bar. Mmmmm. I was worried it might make me gain. Then for lunch I ate a chicken breast, salad and strawberries. I also had honey mustard dressing I had made. Then for dinner I had tilapia and cauliflower. I also ended up eating 1 thin mint cookie. Just 1, though, I am so proud of myself!!

R2P2D6: Weight 189.4. Yesterday I ate some low carb noodles with my spaghetti sauce. They weren't very good. They were kind of tasteless and mushy. I don't think I cooked them too long, but maybe. For dinner I ate McDonald's nuggets and way too many Girl Scout cookies. Ugh! Why did I do it? At least I'm only up .4 pounds, but am sure I will feel terrible today.

R2P2D8: Weight 193.4. Ugh! I am up 4 pounds!! I basically cheated, cheated and then cheated some more. At one point, I decided I was just reloading and going to start again today. I really need to summon up some willpower. After taking a break, it is much harder to find my resolve. I have decided I am going to buy a new bathing suit at the end of March, no matter what size I am. My old one is falling off of me :) So maybe I will stay motivated with that goal in mind. Lots of people on the forum have said round 2 is HARD, and now I believe them!!! Hopefully I can ease some stress and stick to protocol faithfully. I am realizing I am sensitive to carbs. Every time I eat them I am up a LOT, and I feel bloated and swollen. I really need to cut them out almost entirely...

R2P2D9: Weight 193.2. Well, I'm down .2. Looks like maybe I can recover from the cheat days today. I want to kick myself in the rear for all the time I have wasted. I could really be down quite a bit by today. Oh well. I ate McDonald's for lunch yesterday. A side salad, chicken breast and apple dippers. For dinner I had a chicken sandwich from Sonic, and tried not to eat too much of the bread. I also ate a few Girl Scout thin mints. But I'm done now, I feel ill to my stomach today. I feel so much better when I stick to protocol.

R2P2D10: Weight 193.2. The same...Round 2 is sure hard to get in the swing of. I cheated, yet again! Last night was McTeacher's night. So I had 10 nuggets and a few fries. If that wasn't enough, I HAD to go to Krispy Kreme and eat a Banana Cream donut. I've been wanting one ever since I knew they were coming out in March. OMG!! It was sooooo good. I ate on protocol for lunch, so maybe that's why I didn't gain.

But, enough of this!! I am on Day10 and haven't lost any weight. WHY am I wasting my time and money? I am rededicating myself TODAY!! Just now eating lunch, I WANT TO SEE MY WEIGHT DROP! And yes, I meant to yell that out at the top of my lungs. I do not want to waste any more $$$...so here's hoping some karma (in the form of cast-iron willpower) comes my way!

R2P2D11: Weight 191.8. A pound and a half! Yesterday I ate a salad from subway for lunch. I was so stuffed, I could not eat my strawberries. Then for dinner I baked some radishes. I don't like radishes, but on the boards people were raving so I tried them. And they were GOOD! I will eat them regularly now! I also baked a new kind of fish (for me) Pollock. It was okay, but I like the tilapia better. Since my strawberries were "aging" quickly, I went ahead and threw them in the blender with half a scoop of Jay Robb egg white protein powder, water, ice and vanilla stevia. I was so satisfied :)

R2P2D12: Weight 189.2. WOWZA!! 2.6 pounds gone! I feel great today! It is the first day I have felt comfortable enough to wear some of the new size 14's I bought. But I did, and am getting so many compliments. One of my co-workers said I was "shrinking" before their eyes! Sure helps me stay motivated. Yesterday I ate an apple, cucmber and chicken breast for lunch. Then I ate 3 mini oreo's for a snack. For dinner I ate at Sonic. I got a grilled chicken salad without cheese. I didn't have any dressing so I put just a little bit of their fat-free italian on it. It has all kinds of bad stuff- sugar, corn syrup, etc. The entire packet only had 25 calories though, and I didn't even put a fourth of it on. I was a little worried because the chicken breast was really fatty. But I guess it worked for me!! Woo-hoo!!

R2P2D13: Weight 188.4. Yay! Maybe I'll be in the 170's soon! Yesterday for lunch I ate an apple and some chili. For dinner I ate a "pizza" that I found the recipe for on the forum. It uses chooped up cabbage, an egg and some grated mozzarella cheese. I put some italian spices on it and baked it, put a little tomato sauce and a little more cheese on it. It was pretty good. It definately helped with a pizza craving. I used two eggs so the "Crust" was a little like a quiche, but I like quiche :) Next time I'll try it with only 1 egg.

R2P2D14: Weight 189.2. Yes, I'm up. Not quite a pound though! I didn't intend to cheat yesterday, and it wasn't as bad as my previous cheats (at least I didn't think so at the time. I went to a restaurant with my cousins and planned to get a chicken salad. They didn't really have any that looked good, so I got a grilled chicken sandwich with swiss, tomatoes and avocado. I wasn't going to eat the bun, but it was so good ;) And I ate a few fries (luckily they weren't great). I also ate part of my daughters banana nut pancakes. Mmmmm. I've been doing really good today, and I'm hoping to be down tomorrow. I really hope that cheat doesn't stall me out for 3 or more days....

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great!! I am glad the fiber bar didn't set you back!! I still lost weight again this morning after eating it for breakfast three days in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is Karma coming your way :) !! Pretty soon, your fish will multiply!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Confucius :) May your fish multiply and be plentiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was right though!! Look at your weight going down!! We will be swapping clothes pretty soon because you will probably be one of those lucky women that weigh 170 and wear a size 6!! I bet you fly through the 180's!!

    ReplyDelete